2014 Chateau Petit Village | Friarwood Fine Wines

2014 Chateau Petit Village

Regular price £110.00 Save £-110.00
/
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

  • Type: Red Wine
  • Grape: Merlot
  • Style: Mellow and Flamboyant
  • Alcohol: 13.5%
  • Country: France
  • Region: Bordeaux
  • Subregion: Pomerol
Only 32 items in stock!

ABOUT THE WINE
Chateau Petit Village is one of the oldest estates in Pomerol. So old that it isn’t known who exactly first planted vines on the estate.
Since the early 1800s, the chateau changed many owners, as is typical in Bordeaux. But currently, it is owned by global insurance conglomerate Axa. What makes Chateau Petit Village wines special and distinct is the unmissable beauty of the triangle-shaped vineyard parcel. The soil is uniquely made up of red gravel and pockets of quartz and flint, making it ideal for growing top-quality Merlot. Hence why, the vineyards arse planted to 75% Merlot, while the remaining 25% consists of 17% Cabernet Franc and 8% Cabernet Sauvignon.

TASTING NOTES
Made from 100% Merlot. This is a pure expression of not only the varietal but also the terroir and potential of Pomerol. 2014, despite a promising vintage in Pomerol, especially for the impeccable sight of Chateau Petit Village. Charming aromas of red and black cherries marry with plush red and dark plum and cassis. The softness and the plushness of the Merlot are almost misleading, as the structure surprises on the palate with full, velvety tannins and the weight of the beautiful plum and berry fruit. Tarragon and cedar savoriness has started giving way to cigar box and mushroom aromas with some development. This wine is still very much fresh and has a decade in front of it to reach its ultimate potential. But as of 2021, it has entered its optimal drinking window and could be enjoyed with such pleasure, that only the finest of Pomerol usually offers.

FOOD PAIRING
Venison steak with carrots Vichy, Crusted rack of lamb with truffle oil mashed potatoes.

FRIARWOOD SAYS
This wine offers a glimpse into some of the finest and most prestigious cult wines of Pomerol for a fraction of the price tag and is an impeccable value.

WHAT ARE THE SHIPPING COSTS?

Orders of any value can be collected for free from our Parsons Green Shop. Greater London next day deliveries will cost £10 for orders under £100 and are free above £100. UK mainland next day deliveries will cost £25 for orders under £250 and are free for orders above £250.

WHAT DOES “NEXT DAY DELIVERY” MEAN?

All our shipments in mainland UK and Greater London are shipped next day. Cut off time for a next day delivery is 2PM. Next day is only available on working days. Shipment can be delayed because of external factors.