ABOUT THE WINE
Château Le Gay has a long history in Pomerol, with the estate dating back to the 1840’s. Shortly after World War I, Chateau Le Gay became the property of the Robin family, eventually passing down to the famous Robin sisters in 1946 who also owned the famous estate of Chateau Lafleur! In late 2002, Catherine Pere-Verge expanded her portfolio of quality-focused estates by purchasing Chateau Le Gay and immediately began to plant additional hectares of vines to grow the estate. In 2006, those vines were included in the Grand Vin for the very first time, and Mchel Rolland was brought in as a consultant, along with Marcelo Pelleriti as winemaker. The vineyard is tended to using sustainable farming technique and yields are kept low, producing opulent wines. This is a Pomerol property on the rise!
As the second wine of Chateau Le Gay, Manoir de Gay opens up with a real explosion of fruit aroma. 90% Merlot gives body & fruit to the palate with the remaining 10% of Cabernet Franc providing roundness. Showing silky tannins with great depth and length on the finish. Excellent quality.
Serve with classic meat roasts from beef to lamb and game. For a vegetarian option, a rich mushroom pasta dish would make a fine pairing.